Build log 2014-06-04 : New wheelhouse 3D model

Last time I went to my parents' it appeared that while the overall size of the wheelhouse looked good it wouldn't fit on the tabs protruding from the deck as it was off by a couple millimeters.

An exact model of the deck and "rails" was created in SketchUp to be able to create a new wheelhouse that would fit perfectly on top of it.

3D Wheelhouse

3D Wheelhouse

Front has now three sides instead

3D Wheelhouse

3D Wheelhouse

Top view

Top view

Front of original wheelhouse is rounded. I went for three simple surfaces.

Side view

Side view

Hinges still missing

Front view

Front view

Window panes will be cut from 0.40mm clear styrene sheets (Evergreen)

Rear view

Rear view

Rear upper side only has two windows as the FiFi monitor pipe goes right through the wheelhouse

Deck and floor

Deck and floor

Model of the upper deck already built. Floor will also be 3D printed.

Deck and floor

Deck and floor

Floor has centering tabs on its underside

Now I need to get the 3D printer back up and running. I got some news from Ultimaker's tech support but no news yet as to when the replacement parts will ship.