Robbe Odin - Harbor tug 1/25th scale
The Odin is a German harbor tug (1/25th scale) from German RC models company Robbe.
Saddly Robbe discontinued most of its boat kits including the Odin.
Build was actually started around the year 2000 as a teenager, with my father. With high school and
then engineering school, the project was shelved more than a decade ago.
After all these years in drydocks (aka collecting dust at my parents' basement) I decided
to resume work on the Odin.
Robbe based the Odin on an actual tug design from the late 1960s.
- Type: Harbor tug
- Kit: Odin from robbe (discontinued)
- Construction: ABS
- ABS hull
- Vaccum formed deck, bulwark, funnel, mast and other assemblies
- Superstructure, some of the fittings: stamped ABS sheets/parts
- Clear plastic moulded wheelhouse
- 1:1 plan (starboard and top views), detailed step views
- Instructions in German, English (scanned, 36MB), French, Dutch.
- Scale: approx. 1/25th
- Length: xx mm
- Width: xx mm
- Weight: approx. xxx g without ballast
Early steps (hull, propulsion/kort, deck ...) were done years back and weren't documented back then.
- 2013-11 : Assessment
- Back in November 2013 I took a quick look at the boat.
- 2013-12 : Rear hatch
- Some "detail" work on the rear hatch.
- 2014-01-02 : Scratch the old paint off and start over ...
- While our original paint job looked decent (at least on the hull), it was actually deeply flawed ...
- 2014-03-02 : Superstructure, FiFi and smoke generator
- Work on the superstructure, some "mechanics" for the fire monitor, ...
- 2014-04-05 : 3D modeling and 3D printing of missing wheelhouse
- Second 3D model of missing wheelhouse and first 3D print ...
- 2014-04-09 : Adding doors to the wheelhouse
- Basic modeling and test print
- 2014-04-17 : More wheelhouse modeling and printing
- New test print, with hinges
- 2014-05-12 : Detail work and wiring
- The Devil is in the detail ...
- 2014-06-04 : New wheelhouse 3D model
- Start over from scratch.
- 2014-08-19 : Paint, lights, wiring !
- Looking a bit more like a tug now.
- 2014-11-28 : Wheelhouse, at last !
- 3D-printed wheelhouse installed
- 2014-12-01 : Wheelhouse paint, fenders
- Last "major" paint job. And a bunch of tyres.
- 2015-01-05 : Launch day !
- Will it float ?